The Noctua Teaching School Alliance is a primary teaching school alliance made up of experienced, serving headteachers and is dedicated to providing support for schools in Leeds, Bradford and beyond. The organisation delivers support programmes for NQTs, teachers and senior leaders at every stage of their career and supports schools with tailor-made packages to address issues identified by Ofsted.
The Education Network not only provides comprehensive recruitment solutions, we also offer a range of services designed to reduce staff turnover, bridge gaps in CPD and increase performance among teaching staff, all of which are aimed at adding value to teaching and learning.
Together, The Education Network and Noctua Teaching School Alliance are delivering a programme which will give secondary teachers the skills and preparation for the transition from secondary to primary education.
The course will enable teachers to experience the following:
- Access a wealth of primary expertise
- Visit four contextually differing good and outstanding primary schools
- Opportunities to observe focus subjects, developing into whole class teaching opportunities
- Observe different teaching styles to challenge primary learning
- Learning the primary curriculum by ‘theory in to practice’ – this includes observing lessons across the whole curriculum
- Ways to keep pupils engaged – what kind of lessons would you plan to make sure you really grabbed your pupils’ imagination?
- Consideration of behaviour – good behaviour management is pretty much the same whoever you’re teaching, but in practice there will be significant differences to how you control a secondary and primary class
This programme is open to secondary teachers looking to make the transition into primary teaching. The course is designed for teachers who have the potential to deliver consistently outstanding lessons in a primary setting and who have a real passion for teaching younger children.
Headteachers and specialist primary leaders
Good and outstanding schools across Leeds
Please note that every teacher attending the course will be required to complete the full 4 weeks and will then receive a reference and certificate from a primary headteacher.
£480 for the full course (can be paid over three instalments).
Please contact Samantha Baldwin at The Education Network on 0113 823 1913 for more information or to secure your place on the programme.