Governors Clerk - You will need all the relevant experience and qualifications for this role of Governors Clerk. This is a part-time role supporting School Governors in Office throughout the West Midlands. Governors meeting largely take place outside normal School hours so you must be free to attend meetings to meet the needs of this role.
- Be able to work between 20 and 25 hours per week inline with the role, term time only.
- Have a DBS
- Be able to provide recent, relevant School references.
- Have capacity to work part-time hours in the evening to attend meetings.
- Be able to evidence a track record of administrative support in an education setting.
- Be a minimum of Degree of Level 5 Business Administration qualified.
- Have exceptional verbal, written and personal communication skills.
- A driver able to work between multiple locations.
As a Governors Clerk you will be responsible for attending School Governor Meetings in Schools across the West Midlands. You will act in the capacity of Administrator and Clerk and will be responsible for:-
- Taking and transcribing accurate minutes on a timely basis for all meetings.
- Working to a Governance Format for all written submissions..
- Communicating with Governors and senior Education Executives across the region.
- Providing administrative and planning support to Governors.
- Managing and diarising Events and Meetings.
- Providing professional support to Governors on relevant School issues.
- Working in line with all policies round confidentiality, social policy and equality.
In order to apply for this role you must have experience working in a School or Local Authority setting directly in regard to Education Policy. Unfortunately, we are unable to consider any applications that do not meet the specific needs for this key role.
You will demonstrate the following skills and characteristics:-
- Well organised
- Able to work on your own initiative from home
- Well presented
- Happy to take the lead in some meetings on Group issues
- Confident with all aspects of written work including comprehensive reports and minutes. Be able to show evidence of this at interview.
- Be able to work with and protect confidential information from either an LA or Home Office base.
This is an important role as part of our leading Schools infrastructure and needs to be fulfilled by someone with the highest level of experience and confidence.
Unfortunately, due to the high numbers of response expected for this role we are only able to reply to relevant applicants who clearly demonstrate the skills and experience required for this role.