The Education Network is currently working on behalf of one of our partnership SEND schools recruit an SEND Teaching Assistant who will be available for work as soon as possible. This is to fill a long-term role supporting pupils with a variety of SEND.
This is a lovely, all-inclusive school which accommodates a wide range of SEND, priding itself on its positive ethos which enables its pupils to overcome their individual challenges and help them achieve their potential. The successful SEND Teaching Assistant will therefore be comfortable working with pupils who have PMLD, SLD, ASC, SEMH, Downs Syndrome etc. and will be happy supporting learning across various age groups.
Above all, the school are seeking the ‘right’ person who will become a valued part of the school community for the duration of their stay, making this an excellent opportunity to gain experience as an SEND Teaching Assistant in a supportive and inclusive environment.
Successful SEND Teaching Assistants MUST:
- Have recent and relevant experience in a similar role, preferably working with children with complex SEND though we will accept applicants with a background in mainstream education/care/nursing etc.
- Possess the key transferrable skills needed to be able to effectively support children with SEND: resilience, confidence, patience and a nurturing personality
- Have experience dealing with challenging behaviour
- Be able to effectively assist learning on a 1:1, small group or whole class basis – depending on the requirement
- Possess an enhanced DBS certificate or be willing to obtain one
- Have a full understanding of the safeguarding responsibilities of an SEND Teaching Assistant
If you think that you are suitable for the role of SEND Teaching Assistant, then please apply to this advert for an informal chat about the registration process.
If you have not heard form us within 3 working days, this means your application has been unsuccessful.The Education Network Offer:
Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
The opportunity to work in friendly, caring and supportive atmosphere where every child matters. Highly supportive, committed and hard working Consultants who will endeavor to find assignments suited to your needs.
An opportunity to extend your professional development as well as excellent rates of pay.
The Education Network is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references.-
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.