The Education Network is currently looking to appoint a Behaviour Support Worker to work in the Sheffield area.
This is a full time and long term role with an immediate start for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be supporting a KS3 student with Social, Emotional, Mental Health (SEMH) on a 1:1 basis.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Experience supporting young people who display challenging behaviours
- A good understanding of special educational needs
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Motivational skills and be able to act as a role model
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- A Non-judgmental and calm approach
- A genuine passion for working with children
- A positive, happy, professional attitude
- Assertiveness, determination, and the ability to work well under pressure
- A commitment to safeguarding
- A team Teach qualification would be desirable but not essential*
*If you are not Team Teach trained but are still interested in this post please still get in touch as The Education Network can offer you full training.
You will have access to ongoing, free, CPD via EduCare – A nationally recognised education training provider:
- Safeguarding Young People
- The SEND Code of Practice
- Mental Wellbeing in Children and Young People
- ADHD Awareness
- Dyslexia Awareness
- Autism Awareness
- Child Protection in Education
- First Aid Essentials
If you think that this is the right job for you please ‘apply now’ or contact the Sheffield office and speak with Rachel Bailey.The Education Network Offer:
Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
The opportunity to work in friendly, caring and supportive atmosphere where every child matters. Highly supportive, committed and hard working Consultants who will endeavor to find assignments suited to your needs.
An opportunity to extend your professional development as well as excellent rates of pay.
The Education Network is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references.-
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.