Coventry based mixed comprehensive, Ofsted Good are looking for Cover Supervisors to provide daily and long term cover. Ideal for a recent graduate, looking at teaching as a future career, or experienced teaching staff, Teaching Assistants looking to step up, or experienced teachers looking for a work life balance.
What is a Cover Supervisor?
A Cover Supervisor is a suitably-trained school staff who supervise pupils carrying out pre-prepared exercises when teaching staff are on short-term absence. The cover supervisor's main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set.
Duties may include:
* Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
* Managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
* Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
* Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures
* Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
* Reporting back as appropriate using the school's agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
Being a Cover Supervisor has many positive attributes, these include:
* Flexible working hours and days to suit any needs
* Give you the experience you need to enhance your studies as a Teacher
* To give you reassurance that being a teacher is the right career path for you
* Supplement your studies
The Education Network Offer:
Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
The opportunity to work in friendly, caring and supportive atmosphere where every child matters. Highly supportive, committed and hard working Consultants who will endeavor to find assignments suited to your needs.
An opportunity to extend your professional development as well as excellent rates of pay.
The Education Network is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references.-
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.