As part of the School Support Services the post holder will support the ICT systems across the whole school environment through maintenance of ICT software, hardware and related equipment and ongoing technical support to staff and pupils.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure dedicated ICT areas are ready for use each day and are in good working order
2. Check hardware regularly and report any faults
3. Participate in the collation, processing and storage of data and information to comply with school reporting requirements
4. Adhere to ICT policies, including those relating to safeguarding and internet usage
5. Assist with the installation and maintenance of hardware and software
6. Perform regular ‘back-up’ operations of the school’s file servers
7. Update virus protection programs
8. Assist with the maintenance of the school’s software security systems
9. Clearing out ‘obsolete’ material
10. Ensure that all hardware is security marked
11. Maintain the schools hardware database
12. Maintain the schools network printers
13. Maintain the schools video editing facilities
14. Support and maintain the interactive whiteboards and projectors throughout the school
15. Proactively assist staff in solving any problems with using the school’s network and to liaise with the ICT Manager and external agencies/companies as necessary.
16. Attend and support school events outside normal hours as required.
17. To undertake other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required from time-to-time.
18. Adhere to the ethos of the school:
- Promote the agreed vision and aims of the school
- Set an example of personal integrity and professionalism
- Attend appropriate staff meetings and parents’ evenings
19. Carry out other duties as commensurate with grade in order to ensure the smooth running of the school.
Contact Manny Rai, firstname.lastname@example.org, on 0121 423 8000
The Education Network Offer:
Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
The opportunity to work in friendly, caring and supportive atmosphere where every child matters. Highly supportive, committed and hard working Consultants who will endeavor to find assignments suited to your needs.
An opportunity to extend your professional development as well as excellent rates of pay.
The Education Network is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references.-
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.