Teaching Assistant - Secondary School - SEND and Academic Improvement. The Education Network is currently working for a large Secondary School who is looking to appoint a number of Teaching Assistants to support both SEND pupils and enable acadmie progress. School is well equppped to suport pupils across whole of school, has great facilities and solid leadership. You woul be working as part of the teaching and learning team in conjunction with the SENCO.
The School are looking for full time ideally but may consider the role for 3 full days per week.
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience working as a Teachng Assistant gained in a mainstream or SEND School
- The ability to gather own resources for lessons tailored to support the teacer in the classroom
- A calm and adaptable personality to accommodate the pupils across the curriculu,
- Experience working with students who have special educational needs including SLD, ASD, and ADHD.
- Excellent communicator with good listening skills
- A non-judgmental approach
- Organisational and time management skills
- The ability to relate to young people and adults
- The capacity to motivate and act as a role model
- Flexibility and can be adaptable and able to work well under pressure
- Report writing skills and the ability to maintain accurate records for EHCP
- A commitment to safeguarding
In return you will enjoy:
- Working as part of a good team
- Great rates of pay
- Plenty of scope to progres into a more permanent post
You will have access to ongoing, free, CPD via EduCare – A nationally recognised education training provider:
- Safeguarding Young People
- The SEND Code of Practice
- Mental Wellbeing in Children and Young People
- ADHD Awareness
- Dyslexia Awareness
- Autism Awareness
- Child Protection in Education
- First Aid Essentials
For more information please contact us for a chat.The Education Network Offer:
Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
The opportunity to work in friendly, caring and supportive atmosphere where every child matters. Highly supportive, committed and hard working Consultants who will endeavor to find assignments suited to your needs.
An opportunity to extend your professional development as well as excellent rates of pay.
The Education Network is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references.-
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.