Are you an experienced Pastoral Lead or Head of Year looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work in a large, progressive secondary school, with plenty of opportunities for development and progression? The Education network is currently recruiting for a non-teaching Pastoral Lead for busy secondary school in Solihull.
As a Pastoral Lead you will be working closely with students to improve attendance, punctuality and behaviour in school. You will need a passion for giving students a second chance, excellent communication skills, good behaviour management and a positive approach in order to be successful in this role. Experience in a pastoral role within a school setting is essential to be considered for this post.
- Provide pastoral support
- Work on raising standards
- Working with pupils, their families and third parties on attendance, wellbeing and education
- Being the key contact for attendance and punctuality
- Working with pupils to improve academic uptake
- Being part of the transition team from Primary and other Secondary Schools
- Providing some positive intervention round lessons
- Supporting teaching and learning across whole of School
- Arranging and attending meetings with parents
- Making regular contact with parents, carers and third parties by phone
- Managing and monitoring behaviour including pupil incidents
- Being the lead on the Nurture & Pupil Development Programme
You must be:-
- Graduate with experience gained in an Education setting
- Able to demonstrate experience as a Pastoral Lead
- Happy to work with pupils across whole of School on sensitive issues
- Able to prioritise a large work load and pupil accountabilities
- Used to working with pupils and their families on attendance issues
- An exceptional communicator, with both strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to speak additional languages would be useful
In return you will enjoy working as part of a team with exceptional values who work together to develop the capacity of the children they support both within and beyond the School gates.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
The Education Network Offer:
Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
The opportunity to work in friendly, caring and supportive atmosphere where every child matters. Highly supportive, committed and hard working Consultants who will endeavor to find assignments suited to your needs.
An opportunity to extend your professional development as well as excellent rates of pay.
The Education Network is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references.-
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.