School Medical Officer required to support the school Nurse at a busy Birmingham Secondary School. We are looking for a Level 3 First Aid trained individual to manage the medical room, and provide first aid for Key Stage 3 & 4 students. This exciting role requires a first aider who has experience treating students aged 11-16 and who is able to provide emergency care when necessary.
As a School Medical Officer you will be working with other nominated First Aiders to ensure that every child is given the appropriate care, promoting healthy lifestyles across the academy, and managing the medical supply room. A Level 3 First Aid qualification (or the equivalent) is essential in order to be considered for this role.
- To be responsible for medical treatment/action and the effective management of the Medical Room.
- To give immediate assistance to casualties with common injuries and where necessary ensure that an ambulance or other medical help is sought.
- To liaise with the school nurse on health-related matters and to positively promote healthy lifestyles across the Academy.
- To deputise for Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) in his absence
- Ensure that an ambulance or other professional medical help is summoned when required.
- Take responsibility for students with Individual Healthcare Plans on site and the requirements around medical management and medicine administration.
- Liaise with relevant outside agencies such as SOLAR/MASH/YOS and Children’s Services when it is necessary to support pupils requiring medical input or intervention
For more information about the role please contact Harry or Manny at The Education Network Birmingham.The Education Network Offer:
Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
The opportunity to work in friendly, caring and supportive atmosphere where every child matters. Highly supportive, committed and hard working Consultants who will endeavor to find assignments suited to your needs.
An opportunity to extend your professional development as well as excellent rates of pay.
The Education Network is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references.-
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.