SEMH Teacher required to teach small classes of Key Stage 3 & 4 students who have been permanently excluded from mainstream education. This Alternative Provision are looking to add a teacher who has experience working with Social Emotional and Mental Health Needs, or has previously worked in a Pupil Referral Unit or similar setting. Within this role you will receive excellent support from a proactive and passionate leadership team, as well as having dedicated class teaching assistant to provide you with behaviour support within lessons.
This school is a well-established SEMH school who have an excellent reputation for supporting students that have been permanently excluded. Ideally you will be calm under pressure, be able to build rapport quickly with students, and have excellent classroom management. The team are focused on giving students a second chance, and helping them to break down barriers to education. This is a fantastic opportunity for a teacher who is passionate about working within the SEMH sector.
You will be:-
- QTS Teacher
- Core subject specialist – ideally Maths, English or Science
- Able to show you have capacity to work in other areas of the Curriculum
- Happy to work in an Alternative Provision
- Used to working with children and young adults with some challenging attitudes towards learning and enabling them to make progress
- Looking to have an impact, be creative and make lessons interesting
- Happiest when seeing that "light bulb" moment in terms of learning
- A confident communicator who understands that every child in this setting has a different story to tell therefore someone who can really differentiate
In return you will enjoy:-
- Plenty of scope to make the role your own
- Opportunity to partake in CPD and ongoing development
- Permanent post from September - Could offer a period of supply from Easter or May
- Lots of support from the SLT
For more information please contact Harry.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
The Education Network Offer:
Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
The opportunity to work in friendly, caring and supportive atmosphere where every child matters. Highly supportive, committed and hard working Consultants who will endeavor to find assignments suited to your needs.
An opportunity to extend your professional development as well as excellent rates of pay.
The Education Network is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references.-
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.