Inclusion Manager required for a large Birmingham Secondary School. This busy and vibrant Secondary School setting is looking for an experienced Inclusion Manger or Pastoral Lead who is looking for a new exciting challenge. This role is centred around improving behaviours, and supporting students who have faced barriers to education. You will be leading a small team of pastoral staff who are focused on providing outstanding support to both staff and students.
As an Inclusion Manager you will required to inspire and motivate students who are not engaging in lessons. Acting as a positive role model and mentor are key aspects of this role, and excellent behaviour management is essential. This school setting has fantastic facilities and an abundance of resources available for you to take advantage of. The SLT are committed to making sure that every child is given the support that they deserve.
- Managing the Inclusion Hub, including a small team of support staff
- Providing pastoral support for teaching staff by providing on call support
- Escorting students from lessons to the Hub
- Ensuring that students in the Inclusion Hub are completing the work that has been set by teaching staff
- Monitoring student progress and keeping an accurate record of students who have been sent to the Hub
- Providing 1-2-1 mentoring for students who continually find themselves in the Inclusion Hub
- Communicating with parents where necessary
Ideally you will:
- Have experience as a Pastoral Lead, Inclusion Manager or Head of Year
- Have a range of effective behaviour management techniques
- Be able to build rapport with students
- Have a good knowledge of Special Educational Needs and SEHM
- Be passionate about breaking down barriers to education and giving students a second chance
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.The Education Network Offer:
Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
The opportunity to work in friendly, caring and supportive atmosphere where every child matters. Highly supportive, committed and hard working Consultants who will endeavor to find assignments suited to your needs.
An opportunity to extend your professional development as well as excellent rates of pay.
The Education Network is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references.-
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.