- Based in Darlington
- Immediate start
- Full time
Our client school in Darlington are looking for a new School Caretaker to start immediately.
Your day will consist of the following tasks:
- General school maintenance for buildings and surrounding grounds - basic handyman skills are a must
- Conducting fire safety and H&S checks for the site
- To support and assist the school to conduct specific/ ad hoc caretaking tasks when required, or as part of duty schedule such as winter checks, planned maintenance and daily and weekly checks
- Check the heating is operating and that timers are set correctly and working
- Opening and closing of the school
- Being the on site contact for contractors
You will be working along site another caretaker however the day duties will include a wide range of responsibilities connected with the grounds of the school. This includes security - opening/locking up the premises/alarms, cleanliness, porterage, monitoring contracts/contractors, routine maintenance and minor repairs.
You must have a clear and up to date DBS to apply for this role.