The Education Network are currently recruiting professional and confident candidates to work as Cover Supervisors in schools across County Durham. NQTs are welcome to apply. The current positions are for both long term and short term roles. It is not essential to have specific qualifications, but you will require excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to effectively manage students in the classroom.
If you are a graduate, have had previous classroom experience, have worked as a HLTA, have a PGCE in FE/PCET but want to work in schools this could be the perfect opportunity to build up your experience within education.
The Responsibilities Of a Cover Supervisor Include:
- Supervise the class to ensure students complete all work and activities set in absence of the permanent teacher, this includes introducing the lesson and closing the class. All work will be set by a senior member of staff with instructions to follow.
- Complete class register to ensure all students are present
- Display constructive and consistent classroom management and promote a positive learning environment for all students.
- Highlight enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, confidence and ability to work independently using your initiative.
- Ensure pupils remain on task and complete pre set work to the best of their ability, minimising distractions where possible.
- Assist students with questions and respond appropriately to provide assistance.
- Follow lesson outlines and collect all completed work and resources at the end of the lesson.
- Understand and follow school policies and procedures at all times and deal with emergencies in an effective manner when required.
- Feedback to the class teacher regarding progress made in the lesson, behaviour of students and any other relevant information to be followed up
The successful candidate will be subject to a variety of checks including, eligibility to work in the UK an enhanced CRB disclosure and full references including one from your most recent employer.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance + standards. Any appointment will be subject to stringent checks including referencing and an enhanced DBS check. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.