Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) post lockdown South Manchester
Working under the direction of the teacher in the teaching and learning of children,
which will include specific activities on a regular basis where management or
supervision may not be direct.
You will be required to support the pupil by:
1. Undertaking activities with individuals, groups or a class of children in order to
facilitate their physical, emotional and educational development within a safe
environment usually under the supervision of a teacher.
2. Working to establish a supportive relationship with the children and parents
concerned in order to facilitate effective communication and partnership
between school and home.
3. Carrying out pre-determined educational activities and work programmes
ensuring that specific guidelines are followed whilst promoting independent
learning to support the children's understanding.
4. Encouraging acceptance and inclusion of the child with special needs to
support achievement and development.
5. Promoting and reinforcing the child's self-esteem and encourage the child to
maximise their achievement and development.
Higher Level Accountabilities
1. Attend planning meetings and under the overall direction and guidance of the
teacher, contribute to the short, medium and long term planning and
preparation of lessons.
2. Preparation and delivery of lessons, under the direction of the teacher,
including covering for teacher absence and delivery specific interventions to
pupils e.g. Rapid Reading
3. Monitoring, evaluating and providing teachers with feedback on pupils'
participation and progress.
4. Contributing to the maintenance of pupils records.
5. Help pupils make progress in a range of classroom settings including working
with individuals, small groups and whole classes where the assigned teacher is
6. Support teachers in selecting and preparing teaching resources that meet the
pupils' needs and interests. Liaise with the class teacher to devise
complementary learning activities.
7. Supervise a group of Teaching Assistants
8. Support the teacher by: Monitoring, assessing and recording pupils' work as directed by the teacher; Attending and contributing to annual review meetings with parents and other professionals in order to support the monitoring and development of the child
This post is located near to Altrincham and is commutable from across the Greater Manchester area.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.