Location: North Manchester
We are currently recruiting Cover Supervisors for roles in North Manchester in the new academic year.
The key function of the role is to cover lessons for teaching staff in their absence. However, we do not expect the Cover Supervisor to cover long periods of absence. When not covering lessons the Cover Supervisor will be expected to engage in activities as detailed below.
To take responsibility for groups or classes of students in the short-term absence of their usual teacher.
You will be responsible for:
- supervising work that has been set in accordance with school policy;
- liaising with teaching staff with regard to work set for a class;
- managing the behaviour of students to ensure a constructive environment whilst undertaking work; - responding to any questions from students about process and procedure;
- dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with the school's policies and procedures;
- collecting any completed work and resources after the lesson and returning them to the appropriate teacher or subject leader;
- reporting back, as appropriate, using the school's agreed referral procedures, on the behaviour of students during the class, and any other issues arising;
- Student registration of a class.
In a controlled environment, to supervise students who have been isolated from their peers as a behaviour sanction.
To support the work of one or more curriculum areas.
To take part in whole school INSET activities to enhance job effectiveness.
To accompany students on trips, visits and other educational activities.
To undertake a 'duty' as part of the school's duty system (including break and lunch).
Support the work of classroom teachers when not deployed directly covering a class.
Support and contribute to the development of an "activity bank" of resources.
Support and contribute to the creation and maintenance of classroom displays.
Invigilate internal and/or external examinations.
To act as a First Aider, for which training will be provided and an extra allowance payable upon qualification.
If you are interested in this type of role and have relevant experience please send your CV to manchester@ ednetwork.co.uk