SEND Teaching Assistant
Location - Altrincham, UK
The Education Network is currently seeking an experienced full time SEND Teaching Assistant to support the social, emotional and mental health needs of a looked after child in year-2, who has had a placement move and a class move. You will support the behaviour of the student. The student is currently receiving 1:1 support, but for health and safety measures, they need 2:1 support. The role is to commence ASAP, and is an interim measure that will be reviewed before the summer break. You will be a qualified TA, with experience of supporting children with SEMH needs, and SEN at a primary level.
You will work under the guidance of staff, to support the social, emotional and mental health needs of the student in and out of the classroom setting. You should have good communication skills as you will have to liaise between students, staff and carers.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience of working in a similar environment as a Teaching Assistant
- A willingness to participate in relevant training and development opportunities
- Be keen to learn and develop professionally
- Be able to work on their own initiative
- Be pro-active team members, committed to raising standards and achievements
- Have a passion for education and raising the achievement of all children
To express interest, please submit a CV via the link below, and if suitably qualified our consultant will contact you to further discuss the role.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.
Searches related to this post: Teaching Assistant, SEND, Education