The Education Network are currently recruiting for a Local Authority Virtual School.
The post is to start as soon as possible and will run until August 2021with the opportunity of it becoming a permanent post.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Assist the LA, as part of the Virtual School, in fulfilling its statutory duty to support and promote the educational achievements of children and young people who are or have previously been in care so that they achieve their full potential.
Work as part of the Virtual School to challenge and support other professionals and parents/guardians so that children and young people who are or have previously been in care can access their full educational entitlement in line with statutory requirements.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To work with children and young people who are or have previously been in care and experience difficulties in their learning or are at risk of disengagement.
2. Provide support to the parents/guardians of children who are or have been previously in care, so that they can fully participate in their child's education in order for them to reach their full potential.
3. Lead and be responsible for the development, delivery, and promotion of a range of creative learning opportunities for children and young people who are or have previously been in care so that they can improve and embed their learning and skills outside of the classroom.
4. Work collaboratively with schools and parents/guardians to develop strategies to improve progress and other educational outcomes and remove any barriers to engagement.
5. Encourage good relationships and effective dialogue between parents, guardians, social workers and teachers about the educational and other needs of children and young people who are or have previously been in care.
6. Provide advice and training to different professionals and parents/guardians on how to establish good educational routines and opportunities outside the classroom, including ensuring good attendance and punctuality, good homework routines, setting boundaries and consistent discipline.
7. Maintain accurate records of the overall cohort list of children and young people who are or have previously been in care and provide regular information updates to all related professionals so that they are aware of whom they are, their linked schools, designated teachers, social workers and parents/guardians.
8. Adhere to the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy, both in delivering of services and in the treatment of clients and other employees.
9. Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time, which are commensurate with the grade of the job.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Searches related to this post: PGCE,alternative Provision Teacher, Looked after Children, Children in Care, Family Support Worker,