- Struggling to manage pupils at the risk of permanent exclusion?
- Trying to source education for pupils awaiting managed transfers?
- Organising an education package tailored to meet the needs of an individual pupil?
- Need to arrange education for pupils to improve their behaviour off-site?
- Looking to improve GCSE outcomes for disadvantaged pupils?
- Needing to provide education for pupils with medical needs?
1-1 Alternative Provision tuition can offer a flexible, practical & cost effective solution designed to accommodate the needs of your pupils. We understand the complexities of supporting pupils with additional needs and the pressures of the classroom. This solution can allow you to meet the pupil’s individual needs, whilst meeting your statutory requirements, for however long that may be.
The Education Network is a leading expert in the field of alternative provision and over the last 12 years, we have supplied 1-1 Tutors & learning mentors to a large number of local authorities, mainstream secondary, primary, virtual, SEN schools and PRU’s. Support can be on a 1-1 basis or small group interventions and is totally tailored to the needs of the school/pupil.
Our Tutors are highly professional and skilled at delivering education in a way that helps to re-engage students firstly and then to improve outcomes. 1-1 Tutors seek out ways to make learning new and exciting and provide a holistic approach, with the aim of giving the pupils the best possible life chances.
The Education Networks offers a fully managed service liaising with schools, parent/carers and other external agencies as appropriate. This includes:
- Working alongside schools and offering a bespoke educational package for both ILPs and/or EHCPs, as well as liaising with support agencies like social workers, outreach officers, CAMHS.
- Regular communication with school, carers, local authority contacts, venues to build a weekly timetable to suit all parties.
- Daily attendance reporting.
- Detailed weekly comprehensive pupil progress reports outlining the sessions.
- Consistency of the same Tutor each week, so the pupil is able to build up a relationship and feel at ease.
- Clearance form provided on email for each Tutor including DBS, photo, clearance checks.
- Rigorous safeguarding reviews.
- Tutors attendance at LAC reviews/PEP meetings (if required).
We possess the highest standards and perform thorough in depth registrations on a face to face basis with all our Tutors, so we can closely match their skills and expertise to the individual pupil from the offset.
Our service is very flexible and we adapt it depending on the local authority or school that we are supporting, to ensure that we tailor our offerings to be in line with their procedures. This flexibility means that tutoring can take place, either during schools hours or after school in a wide variety of locations. These include school settings, libraries or homes whilst ensuring that the safety of both pupil and tutor is paramount.
There is no contract and the arrangement can be set in place for a week to week, short or long term basis, however long the pupil needs our support.
The Education Network has been providing us with tutors for a number of years now and we’ve received an outstanding service right from the very first tuition request. The staff have always been friendly, efficient and very helpful. They are always able to find the most suitable tutors for our pupils in the shortest amount of time and we’ve had very positive feedback from both pupils and carers about the support the tutors have provided. We couldn’t ask for a better service – thank you! - Halton Local Authority
If you need tutors to help support the needs of your pupils, fill in our short form here and we'll be in touch!