Learning Mentor required to work with children with challenging behaviour in Alternative Provision with excellent facilities, great leadership and a proactive team. You will be working on a 1-2-1 basis with children who have been excluded from mainstream education, providing academic and social support within the classroom.
This school provides a support for children that require additional support to ensure that they are kept on-track and given the tailored support. You will be working as a Learning Mentor in small classes of Key stage 2 students with behaviour challenges. This school works with children who require additional support and may have been outside of mainstream education for a while.
- Working as a Learning Mentor for Key Stage 2
- Providing classroom-based support for the teacher
- Inspiring children to engage in education
- Leading on activities in the classroom
Ideally, you will:
- Have experience working within an Alternative Provision
- Be resilient and determined to make a difference
- Have a good level of behaviour management
- Have an understanding of the KS 2 curriculum
- Understand the barriers that children face in education
This is a great opportunity for a Learning Mentor who has experience working with children who have been excluded from mainstream education, and children who are in care. This school offers a rewarding and challenging opportunity.
If this position is of interest to you then pleae click 'apply' or call our Primary Team on 0121 423 8000.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.