SEND Teaching Assistant
West Yorkshire - Bradford, Calderdale, Castleford, Kirklees, Halifax, Huddersfield, Leeds, Pontefract, Wakefield.
MLD, SLD, SEBD, SEMH, PMLD, EBD, Autism, ADD, ADHD, EAL, Aspergers, Dyslexia, Downs Syndrome
The Education Network are recruiting for experienced Teaching Assistants who can work on a one-to-one and small group basis with students who have been identified with Additional Educational Needs or Special Educational Needs. You will be providing additional support to learners who require help in overcoming barriers to learning in order to achieve their full potential within primary and secondary mainstream school and alternative provision settings. We have a variety of roles for daily, short, long term and permanent positions across Bradford, Calderdale, Castleford, Kirklees, Halifax, Huddersfield, Leeds, Pontefract and Wakefield areas.
We are looking for:
- Experience working with students who display challenging behaviour.
- A non-judgemental and calm approach.
- A genuine passion for working with children
- An understanding of confidentiality and the handling of sensitive information
- A current TEAM TEACH qualification would be advantageous but we do offer termly training should you need to renew or complete this training.
For further details about work we have available please contact our SEND Consultant Sarah Payne-Bushnell on 0113 8231 905.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected volume of applications we receive only short-listed teachers will be contacted within 3 days.