West Yorkshire - Bradford, Calderdale, Castleford, Kirklees, Halifax, Huddersfield, Leeds, Pontefract, Wakefield
KS3, KS4 & KS5
Looking into a career in Teaching? Working as a Cover Supervisor gives you the opportunity to gain valuable experience in schools and academies before embarking upon your PGCE.
Cover Supervisors cover short term periods of absence by the class Teacher. They play a vital role in schools and the role should not be taken lightly, but this can be a rewarding job and valuable experience in the classroom for those with teaching ambitions.
The Cover Supervisor’s main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set. This requires no active teaching, marking, planning etc.
Typical work includes:
- Oversee the completion of work that has been set
- Provide students with a positive learning environment to aid student progress
- Managing students behaviour in accordance with school policy
- Report performance, behaviour and achievement at the end of the lesson
Cover Supervisors are expected to set a positive example, and always be professional. By maintaining a high standard of performance and professionalism you will increase the prospect of obtaining more work on a regular basis.
A ‘Good’ Cover Supervisor will possess the following:
- Excellent behaviour and classroom management skills
- Be able to deliver lessons to a high standard
- Be patient, calm and work well under pressure
- Be creative, flexible and approachable
- Be organised and able to follow direction
- Be resourceful and able to think on their feet
- Be punctual when arriving at school and for individual lessons.
- Can communicate confidently and effectively with students and other staff
For further details about work we have available please contact one of our consultants on 0113 8231 909The Education Network Offer:
Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
The opportunity to work in friendly, caring and supportive atmosphere where every child matters. Highly supportive, committed and hard working Consultants who will endeavor to find assignments suited to your needs.
An opportunity to extend your professional development as well as excellent rates of pay.
The Education Network is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references.-
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.