Teaching Assistants required to work in Ofsted “Good” Pupil Referral Unit with an established team, dynamic leadership and a great track record of obtaining results. Working with small groups of 11 – 16-year-old students who have faced barriers to learning. This is a great opportunity for a Teaching Assistant who has worked with challenging behaviour and is able to break down barriers to communication.
This school has good facilities and is focused on providing children with a high standard of education and care. With an emphasis on working as a team, both staff and students are encouraged to work together. Within this Pupil Referral Unit Teaching Assistants are required to work on a 1-2-1 and small group basis with students who require additional support. A high level of support is provided by experienced staff who are keen to welcome a new member to the team.
Ideally, you will be:
- An experienced Teaching Assistant or Learning Mentor
- A confident classroom practitioner able to support lessons in a creative and inspiring manner
- Used to finding creative solutions to overcome barriers to learning
- Encouraging participation in lessons
- Happy to work on a 1-2-1 or small group basis
- Able to provide support to teaching staff across core subjects
- A friendly, professional and dedicated Teaching Assistant
- Able to provide recent, relevant education references
In return you will enjoy:
- A rewarding working environment
- Long-term opportunity
- Plenty of support at school level
- Working as part of a fabulous team
- Being part of something that will enable you to make a real difference.
This role is located near Dudley and easily accessible from Tipton, Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Halesowen and surrounding areas, and provides an excellent opportunity for a TA who has experience working within a challenging setting.
If this position is of interest to you, then send a copy of your CV to Harry.Chase @theeducationnetwork.co.uk or call us directly for a brief conversation in the first instance - 01214238000.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy