Teaching Assistant required for local Ofsted "Good" pupil Referral Unit, with an excellent team. This school caters for Key Stage 3 & 4 students that have been excluded from mainstream education. You will be working with small classes, providing academic and pastoral support to students. You will be joining a welcoming team that provide a high level of support to all students and staff members. The children that you work with require someone who can help them re-engage in learning, support them in lessons and ensure that they are given the social and emotional support that they require. This is a great opportunity to work with children that have faced barriers, for a Teaching Assistant with the desire to make a difference. Easily accessible via public transport or car from Walsall, Wolverhampton, West Bromwich and Birmingham.
Ideally you will be:
- A TA or Learning Mentor used to working with children with challenging behaviour
- An experienced classroom practitioner, with relevant experience
- Able to provide education or social care based references
- Motivated and dedicated to helping young people succeed
- Happy to work on a 1-2-1 or small group basis
- Able to motivate students to engage in lessons
- Capable of managing classroom behaviour
In return you will enjoy:
- Long-term opportunity
- Plenty of support at school level
- Working as part of a fabulous team
- Being part of something that will enable you to make a real difference.
For more information about this Teaching Assistant role please contact Harry Chase for a chat and to progress to interview.
If this position is of interest to you, then send a copy of your CV to or call us directly for a brief conversation in the first instance - .