Are you a Teaching Assistant or Learning Mentor with experience working in Pupil Referral Units? This PRU is looking for a Teaching Assistant or Learning Mentor who has experience working with challenging behaviour and is confident in their behaviour management. This role will involve motivating, supporting and inspiring Key Stage 3 students that have been excluded from mainstream education.
This PRU is a great setting for a Learning Mentor or Teaching Assistant as it has great facilities and resources, as well as an exceptional support system in place for both staff and students. With a driven team who are determined to give the students a second chance, and leadership that believe “No child should be left behind” this is a highly rewarding setting.
- Working with students who need additional support
- De-escalating potential conflicts quickly
- Supporting teaching staff in the classroom
- Running fun activities for students outside the classroom
- Giving students a chance to succeed
Ideally, you will:
- Be experienced working within a PRU, Alternative Provision or Inclusion Centre
- Be resilient and determined to make a difference
- Have a positive outlook on education
- Know how to identify potential triggers
- Be really to make a difference
This school provides a great setting for a Teaching Assistant or Learning Mentor to make an instant impact. You will be working with children that need high levels of support from both teaching and support staff. Easily accessible from Wolverhampton, Walsall and surrounding areas.
If this position is of interest to you, please click 'apply'
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.