Science Teacher required to work with small classes of Key Stage 3 & 4 students at this exciting Alternative Provision that caters for students that are no longer in mainstream education. As a Science Teacher, you will be responsible for planning and delivering practical lessons in their modern lab facilities, managing classroom behaviour, and making lessons fun for students!
With a dedicated team that are encouraged to challenge students, this Alternative Provision is perfect for a progressive Science Teacher who is able to engage with students that are currently disinterested in education. When you enter this school you are instantly welcomed by its wonderful team who are dedicated to giving children a second chance to be successful and continue their academic, social and emotional development.
- Teaching GCS Science to classes of no more than 10 Students
- Working alongside SLT to plan and implement behaviour policies
- Lead groups of students on fun activities
- Provide 1-2-1 support within intervention groups
- Make learning fun!
Ideally, you will:
- A Qualified Science Teacher QTS/NQT
- Have experience working within an Alternative Provision, PRU or Inclusion Base
- Want to make a difference in the lives of young people
- Be ambitious, creative and forward thinking
- Have excellent subject knowledge and classroom management
In return, you will join a dedicated team, be provided with ongoing CPD and have the opportunity for continued professional progression. Located in South Birmingham this AP is an easy commute from Northfield, Halesowen, Longbridge and South Birmingham.
If this position is of interest to you, then send a copy of your CV to Harry.Chase @theeducationnetwork.co.uk or call us directly for a brief conversation in the first instance - 01214238000.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy