The Education Network is currently working alongside an alternative provision in the West Calderdale area who are looking to appoint a 1:1 Tutor to work alongside a KS4 student with SEMH. The provision are hoping to find an ambitious and driven tutor who can integrate well into a challenging environment.
The role is long term and due to start immediately for the right applicant.
The successful candidate must have:
- Successful experience planning and delivering KS3 & KS4 maths and English lessons
- A calm and adaptable personality to accommodate for a possible change of routine
- Experience working with students who have special educational needs including SEMH, SLD, ASD, and ADHD.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- A non-judgmental approach
- Organisational and time management skills
- The ability to relate to young people and adults
- The capacity to motivate and act as a role model
- Negotiation skills
- Flexibility and can be adaptable and able to work well under pressure
- Report writing skills and the ability to maintain accurate records
- A commitment to equality and diversity
- An understanding of confidentiality and the handling of sensitive information
- A commitment to safeguarding
- A Team Teach certification would be desirable but not essential*
You will be provided with access to an online platform for resources and further training, however, there will be times where you will need to provide your own resources to personalise the lesson to the students interests.
*Team Teach is one of the many CPD courses that The Education Network provide. Please contact your local office to be booked on to our next course.
If you think that this is the right job for you please ‘apply now’ or contact the Leeds office and speak with Sarah Payne Bushnell.
Working with the Education Network:
You will be working with a fully trained team of education specialists whose sole focus is on the education sector. Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
You will also have access to ongoing, free, CPD via EduCare – A nationally recognised education training provider:
- Safeguarding Young People
- The SEND Code of Practice
- Mental Wellbeing in Children and Young People
- ADHD Awareness
- Dyslexia Awareness
- Autism Awareness
- Child Protection in Education
- First Aid Essentials
The Education Network is committed to safer recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks.
The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer.
The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.