Learning Mentor required to work on a 1-2-1 basis with students who are no longer in mainstream educaetion. We are looking for a tenacious and engaging Learning Mentor who is able to quickly build rapport with students that have faced barriers to learning. You will be providing 1-2-1 classroom support, helping to inspire and motivate the children that you work with. You will also work alongside the teacher to manage behaviour.
As a Learning mentor you will be working with a fantastic team of teaching and support staff who are committed to ensuring that their students are given the support that they deserve. With dynamic leadership and an excellent track record of success, this Alternative Provision provides a great opportunity for a Learning Mentor.
- Working on a 1-2-1 basis with KS3 or KS4 students
- Making learning fun for disengaged students
- Providing support to teaching staff when needed
- Building rapport and trust with students
- Leading on fun classroom activities
Ideally, you will:
- Have experience working as a Learning Mentor or Teaching Assistant
- Have worked with challenging behaviour
- Be able to break down barriers to communication
- Have a calm, patient and positive approach
- Be able to challenge students when required
This role is located in Tipton and is an easy commute from Dudley, West Bromwich, Birmingham, Walsall and Wolverhampton. If you are looking for your next rewarding and challenging role, please apply now!
If this position is of interest to you, then send a copy of your CV to Harry.Chase @theeducationnetwork.co.uk or call us directly for a brief conversation in the first instance - 01214238000.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy