Alternative Provision requires an experienced Learning Mentor to work with small classes of students that have been excluded from mainstream education. This Alternative Provision is looking for a Learning Mentor who is able to engage with students who are disinterested in education and have demonstrated very challenging behaviour.
As a Learning Mentor, you will be working with small groups of Key Stage 3 or 4 students that have been excluded from mainstream education. You will be supported by a fantastic team who are able to develop rapport quickly with staff and students. There is a focus on teamwork and togetherness, making this a brilliant team to join.
- Working on a 1-2-1 and small group basis
- Providing break out activities for students
- Managing classroom behaviour
- Taking part in school trips and fun activities
- Challenging students to achieve
Ideally, you will:
- Be an experienced Learning Mentor
- Have a positive attitude and the desire to make a difference
- Able to manage a classroom independently
- Have a proactive approach to education
- Be able to break down barriers to communication
This school is a short journey from Tipton, Dudley, Birmingham and surrounding area. This school are looking to add a Learning Mentor to the team that is able to provide students with support throughout their academic and social development. For more information apply now!
If this position is of interest to you, then send a copy of your CV to Harry.Chase @theeducationnetwork.co.uk or call us directly for a brief conversation in the first instance - 01214238000.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy