Learning Mentor required to work on a 1-2-1 basis at local, Ofsted “Good” Pupil Referral Unit. This role requires a Learning Mentor to provide 1-2-1 behaviour and classroom support to a Key Stage 3 student who has faced barriers to learning. This PRU is an excellent centre for supporting children who are no longer in mainstream education.
With excellent leadership and a dynamic team, this school is able to support children with challenging behaviour. This school provides its students with the opportunity to try new things, including trips out of school, fun activities and opportunities to learn new skills. As a Learning Mentor, you will be able to inspire and motivate students to achieve things that they never thought they could.
- Learning Mentor working on a 1-2-1 basis
- Supporting the student during lessons
- Work with the Teacher to plan schemes of work
- Managing classroom behaviour of the student
Ideally, you will:
- Be experienced in working with challenging behaviour
- Have experience leading classroom activities
- Be able to build rapport with students who have faced barriers to learning
- Know how to diffuse potentially challenging situations
Located in Wolverhampton this is an excellent PRU for a Learning Mentor who is a confident classroom practitioner and can demonstrate a good track record working within a challenging setting.
If this position is of interest to you, then send a copy of your CV to Harry.Chase @theeducationnetwork.co.uk or call us directly for a brief conversation in the first instance - .
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy