As the GCSE exams are commencing this week, we have a high demand for Exam Invigilators in our local schools in Barnsley and Sheffield.
The purpose of this position it to oversee and supervise examinations and to ensure that guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examination papers and procedures are followed during examination sessions.
Candidates must be flexible with the hours they can work as the hours will follow exam time tables. Working days will fall Monday - Friday
Responsibilities of an examination invigilator
- To assist in the setting up of examination rooms
- To ensure all candidates receive appropriate examination question papers and answer paper
- To be aware of any needs that candidates may have during an examination
- To ensure answer scripts are collected in candidate number order and are supervised as required until they are delivered to the registry
- To ensure candidates obey the regulations of an examination room as laid out in the examination guidelines
- To maintain security and confidentiality
- To record attendance on the official examination registers
- To ensure no inappropriate items are brought into the examination hall, such as personal stereos, revision notes or other paperwork unless told otherwise
- Ensure all candidates are aware of the pre-exam start information
- To ensure there is no talking or disruption for the candidates once an examination has begun
- To ensure all candidates are seated before opening the question papers
- To ensure that invigilators DO NOT help candidates in any way with the question paper
- To assist in other activities as may reasonably be requested by the Head Examiner from time to time
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.