Cover Supervisors urgently required in the Sheffield area.
Cover Supervisor training will be provided although, previous experience working as a Cover Supervisor is preferable.
The role of a Cover Supervisor:
- Manage the classroom ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set.
- Cover a Teachers absence whether it is on a day to day or long term supply basis.
- Cover a variety of lessons from English, PE, Science or Maths etc.
- Managing the behaviour of the pupils
- Being available to discuss and debate topics with pupils as well as answering any on the spot questions.
- You will not have to plan or mark work and you don't have to have the subject knowledge; just the enthusiasm and confidence to deliver the work that has been set for you.
You could be required to work in 5 different schools in a week or in the same school all week therefore you will need to be very flexible, adaptable and must have a full driving license and your own transport. This role is ideal for someone looking to gain experience in a variety of schools before embarking upon a PGCE.We offer:
- The opportunity to work in friendly, caring and supportive atmosphere where every child matters.
- Highly supportive, committed and hard working Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs.
- An opportunity to extend your professional development as well as excellent rates of pay.
- Fantastic support and opportunities for further training - Free Accredited CPD Training.
- Variety of assignments in schools of your choice
The Education Network is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references.