The Education Network is working in partnership with a wonderful and welcoming SEND school based in Wakefield that are looking to recruit a SEND Teaching Assistant. This is a full time role with an immediate start.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience of working with special educational needs including; Learning Difficulties, Downs Syndrome, Speech and language needs, Autism, Asperger's, Cerebral Palsy, and Physical Difficulties
- A valid Team Teach qualification
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- A non-judgmental approach
- Organisational and time management skills
- The ability to relate to young people and adults
- The capacity to motivate and act as a role model
- Negotiation skills
- Flexibility and can be adaptable and able to work well under pressure
- Report writing skills and the ability to maintain accurate records
- A commitment to equality and diversity
- An understanding of confidentiality and the handling of sensitive information
- A commitment to safeguarding
- The school has modern facilities including a sensory room, drama studio, music studio, library, sports hall, health suite, medical room, and large playgrounds etc.
If you think that this is the right job for you please 'apply now' or contact the Leeds office and speak with Sarah Payne Bushnell.
Working with the Education Network:
You will be working with a fully trained team of education specialists whose sole focus is on the education sector. Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
The Education Network is committed to safer recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks.
The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer.
The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.