Science Teacher - An Academy in Scunthorpe urgently required for a temp to perm role. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable teacher of science with QTS is required for a strong and vibrant department in Scunthorpe Secondary. They are looking to appoint a qualified KS3 and KS4 Science teacher with a specialism in any discipline (Biology, Chemistry or Physics) to join their strong science department.
The Academy is improving rapidly and are looking for a Science Teacher who will strive to further increase attainment through a positive attitude towards learners and a passion for delivering engaging lessons
The role requires excellent classroom management, effective communication skills and the ability to empathise and develop effective professional relationships with students of a broad range of backgrounds.
The successful candidate will:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status - recognisable in the UK
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Passion for the classroom role
- Have strong classroom management and an ongoing commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Excellent organisation and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of National Curriculum science specifications
- Previous experience of teaching science at GCSE in UK secondary schools
- A passion for teaching and a genuine desire to help students of all backgrounds succeed
- A track record of effective teaching as evidenced by previous results
- The willingness to develop teaching skills, working as a team player and sharing best practice
- Excellent practical science skills
- A willingness to be involved in the wider school community and extra-curricular activities
In line with our recruitment and safeguarding guidelines we will require a current DBS or you will be willing to complete a new application, you will be able to provide referee details and you will be eligible to work in the UK with a valid teaching qualification.
- PGCE (Postgraduate certificate of education)
- SCITT (School-centered initial teacher training)
- BEd (Bachelor of education)
- GTP (Graduate Teacher Programme)
- BA/BSc with QTS (Bachelor of arts or science with QTS)
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days