An enthusiastic and knowledgeable Science Teacher with QTS/QTLS is required for a thriving and vibrant Secondary School in County Durham. They are looking to appoint a qualified KS3 and KS4 Science Teacher with a specialism in any discipline (Biology, Chemistry or Physics) to join their strong science department.
This Science Teacher role is to commence after February half term 2019 until the summer with the potential to develop into a more substantial role. The position offers the opportunity to teach both separate and integrated/combined science at GCSE level. Results over the last years have been good, the school has made many improvements and they are rightly proud of their achievements.
Qualified Teacher Status is ESSENTIAL for employment. Applicants without QTS or QTLS will not be considered.
The role requires excellent classroom management, effective communication skills and the ability to empathize and develop effective professional relationships with students of a broad range of backgrounds.
The successful Science Teacher will:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status - recognizable in the UK
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Passion for the classroom role
- Have strong classroom management and an ongoing commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Excellent organisation and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of National Curriculum science specifications
- Previous experience of teaching science at GCSE and ideally at A-Level in UK secondary schools
- A passion for teaching and a genuine desire to help students of all backgrounds succeed
- A track record of effective teaching as evidenced by previous results
- The willingness to develop teaching skills, working as a team player and sharing best practice
- Excellent practical science skills
- A willingness to be involved in the wider school community and extra-curricular activities
In line with our recruitment and safeguarding guidelines we will require a current DBS or you will be willing to complete a new application, you will be able to provide referee details and you will be eligible to work in the UK with a valid teaching qualification.
Working with The Education Network:
You will be working with a fully trained team of education specialists whose sole focus is on the education sector. Our specialist team has a combined experience of over 50 years and have unrivalled reputation within the North East's education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalized career support from the team.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.