Are you a Support Worker who has experience working with challenging behaviours and complex needs? Do you want to inspire and motivate children and young people in your care? This is the role for you. We are looking for a support worker who has the ability to break down the barriers to communication. As a support worker you will be responsible for providing emotional and mental support to children from the ages of 7 to young adults up to 18. You will be supporting a variety of complex needs and challenging behaviours, your aim will be to inspire and motivate residents to engage with education, social skills, and overall building upon their confidence and life skills.
Duties of a Support Worker:
You Will Be:
- Household duties
- Assisting with education
- Transporting the children around
- Ensuring all medication has been administered
- Activities (social events, shopping, cinema, swimming)
- Contacts, visit, key work meeting and therapy sessions
- Offering guidance and support and structure to their everyday lives
If this position is of interest to you then please apply now.The Education Network Offer:
- Qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 3
- Able to demonstrate a track record of working in a care setting and have appropriate references
- An experienced Children's Support Worker who has a proven record of working with children and young adults in a Care setting
- Happy to go the extra mile to support basic living skills, play, sport, education and general care
- Used to working with challenging behaviour and sometimes just knowing when to listen
- Able to provide practical support to include homework and learning
- Have excellent communications skills
- Happy to work as part of a team but have the initiative to work with children on a 1-2-1 basis
- Be able to break down the barriers to communication
Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
The opportunity to work in friendly, caring and supportive atmosphere where every child matters. Highly supportive, committed and hard working Consultants who will endeavor to find assignments suited to your needs.
An opportunity to extend your professional development as well as excellent rates of pay.
The Education Network is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references.-
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.