Head of Department – English
Salary Negotiable + Benefits
We are privileged to be working with this school and supporting them in their search for a Head of Department for English.
The school competes at a high level in terms of A-C Grades and boasts a thriving 6th Form with large numbers of students progressing to take on good University places. There are many reasons to consider this school not least it’s exceptional academic performance but more importantly there is a real confidence and positivity at school level that resonates with both staff and pupils. Lovely to work with a school where everyone seems to have the same objectives and where teaching staff are treated with respect.
What you need to know about the school?
About you – What will you need?
- Large Secondary School – Good with Outstanding Features.
- Popular choice with parents and children alike, inspired by the great track record of results, excellent facilities and Ofsted report.
- The staff at this school work hard to maintain the very progressive attainment levels of pupils for GCSE’s and A Levels.
- The staff enjoy working with pupils that learn with confidence and exceptional support from the teaching and learning team.
- It believes in supporting teaching staff and has creates schemes that support work/life balance.
- The SLT is extremely cohesive and staff enjoy a likeminded approach to education.
- Heads of Department are respected and enjoy additional support from the SLT and access to teaching and learning resources.
- NQT’s are a big part of the ongoing and progressive teaching style at school level. In this role you will be expected to support NQTs within their Induction Year and provide a stimulating, challenging and rewarding environment in which they can develop their skills.
- QTS English Teacher.
- Current or aspiring Head of Department – Head of English.
- Great leadership skills.
- Inspirational Teacher.
- Proven record of progressive A – C Grades.
- Great attitude, tireless approach to education and making English a wonderful subject to learn
For more information or just to have a chat about how this school may suit you contact Tobias or Harry via Tobias.Warfield @theeducationnetwrok.co.uk or call us in the first instance - 0121 423 8000.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education network is an equal opportunities employer. The education network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.