One of our lovely partnership middle schools in Gosforth is currently seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking Learning Support Assistant to join them on a full-time basis until the summer, assisting lower ability children across upper KS2 and KS3. The successful Learning Support Assistant will be expected to deliver both 1:1 and small group intervention sessions, and the school have asked that they be confident in their Maths and English subject knowledge.
This is a lovely middle school in the heart of Gosforth where the staff work as a supportive team and the children are well-behaved and polite; the successful candidate should therefore aim to become a valued part of this fantastic school community for the duration of their stay.
We will accept applications from both experienced Learning Support Assistants and recently qualified practitioners who have experience providing targeted support to help children with to reach their potential in KS2 and/or KS3.
Successful candidates MUST:
* Hold a Level 3 qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning (or equivalent)
* Have recent and relevant experience supporting KS2 and/or KS3 children in UK primary and/or middle schools
* Possess excellent behaviour management skills and the ability to build strong professional rapports with children and staff
* Be able to effectively assist the children on a 1:1, small group or whole class basis in line with what the teacher has directed
* Have a full understanding of safeguarding procedures and the responsibilities of a Learning Support Assistant
*Have a solid understanding of the KS2 and /or KS3 National Curriculum with an emphasis on the core subjects
If you think that you could be suitable for the role of Learning Support Assistant or would simply like to ask a few questions, then please apply directly to this advert to request a call-back; we look forward to hearing from you! The Education Network are acting as a recruitment agency for this vacancy.
If you have not heard form us within 3 working days, then your application to the role has been unsuccessful.