SEN Teaching Assistant - Gateshead
One of our client schools in Gateshead is currently seeking an enthusiastic, resilient and hardworking SEN TA to join them on a temporary basis. The role is to commence in May and has a fixed end date of July, however, there is scope for the role to be extended for the right candidate.
We will accept applications from both experienced Teaching Assistants and recently qualified practitioners who have experience providing targeted support to help SEN children reach their potential.
Successful candidates MUST:
- Have recent and relevant experience supporting SEN children in UK primary schools
- Possess excellent behaviour management skills and the ability to build a strong professional rapport with children and staff
- Be able to effectively assist the children on a 1:1, small group or whole class basis in line with what the teacher has directed
- Have a full understanding of safeguarding procedures
- Have a solid understanding of different strategies to support children with a variety of SEN
- Hold or be willing to obtain an Enhanced DBS
- A full driving licence and own transport are desirable
The Education Network Offer:
Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
The opportunity to work in friendly, caring and supportive atmosphere where every child matters. Highly supportive, committed and hard working Consultants who will endeavor to find assignments suited to your needs.
An opportunity to extend your professional development as well as excellent rates of pay.
The Education Network is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references.-
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.