We are currently seeking a strong, hardworking and enthusiastic Upper KS2 Teacher who has a proven track record of promoting pupil progress in Year 5 and Year 6. This is to meet the demand of our lovely partnership primary schools across South Tyneside who regularly need both ad-hoc and long-term teaching cover in their Year 5 and 6 classes. Experience of the SATs is obviously desirable as the successful applicant may be expected to support the Year 6 children in the run-up to their tests.
The schools we work with are vary widely in terms of their size, demographic area and ethos, meaning that there is something to suit everyone. The successful Upper KS2 Teacher will therefore have the opportunity get their foot in the door of some fantastic schools across South Tyneside who use The Education Network exclusively for their short and long-term recruitment needs.
All candidates hoping to work with our partnership schools should aim to become a valued part of the whichever school community they join for the duration of their stay and in return we can offer work flow to suit you including part-time, full-time, ad-hoc and long-term.
* QTS in the UK
* Recent and relevant experience in UK schools, preferably as a Upper KS2 Teacher
* Ability to teach and reflect upon engaging lessons which produce quantifiable pupil progress across a range of abilities
* Excellent behaviour management skills and the ability to build strong professional rapports with children and staff
* Effective use of AfL and formal assessment strategies to track pupil progress and inform future planning
* A full understanding of safeguarding procedures and the responsibilities of a Upper KS2 Teacher
*Secure working knowledge of the Year 5 and Year 6 national curriculum
If you think that you could be suitable for the role of Upper KS2 Teacher, then please apply directly to this advert for more information about the registration process; we look forward to hearing from you!
If you have not heard form us within 3 working days, then your application has been unsuccessful.