We are currently seeking a hardworking, enthusiastic and resilient Year 5 teacher to work in one of our fantastic partnership primary schools in Gateshead. This is a full-time role starting in after the Easter holidays and lasting at least until the summer though it may run on longer due to being a maternity cover. It is therefore important that the school find the right person for the role, as the successful candidate will become an active and valued part of the wider school community.
This is a lovely, large, well-resourced school and the staff pride themselves on the friendly and welcoming atmosphere that they encourage. The children are also well-behaved and polite, making this an excellent opportunity to work in a fantastic school. We will accept applications from both experienced Year 5 Teachers and excellent NQTs who have a proven track record of promoting pupil progress in upper KS2.
* QTS in the UK
* Recent and relevant experience in UK schools, preferably as a Year 5 Teacher
* Ability to teach and reflect upon engaging lessons which produce quantifiable pupil progress across a range of abilities
* Excellent behaviour management skills and the ability to build strong professional rapports with children and staff
* Effective use of AfL and formal assessment strategies to track pupil progress and inform future planning
* A full understanding of safeguarding procedures and the responsibilities of a Year 5 Teacher
*Secure working knowledge of the Year 5 national curriculum
If you think that you could be suitable for the role of Year 5 Teacher, then please apply directly to this advert for more information about the registration process; we look forward to hearing from you!
If you have not heard form us within 3 working days, then your application has been unsuccessful.