Y1 Teacher - West Boldon - 1 Year Maternity Cover
One of our fantastic partnership primary schools in West Boldon is looking for an enthusiastic and capable Y1 Teacher to work on a full-time basis from February 2019 for 1 year. This is to cover maternity leave and the school need a teacher who has strong behaviour management skills and excellent subject knowledge in order to guide the Y1 children through their first year in KS1.
This is a medium-sized, friendly school where staff work together as a supportive team to ensure that the children have the best possible education. This is therefore an excellent opportunity to work in a lovely school so the successful Y1 Teacher should aim to become a valued part of the school community for the duration of their stay.
We will accept applications from both experienced Y1 Teachers and strong NQTs who have a proven track record of promoting pupil progress in KS1; the most important thing for the school is to find the 'right' person for the job, someone who fits in well with the school ethos.
* QTS in the UK
* Recent and relevant experience as a Y1 Teacher
* Ability to teach and reflect upon engaging lessons which produce quantifiable pupil progress across a range of abilities
* Excellent behaviour management skills and the ability to build strong professional rapports with children and staff
* Effective use of AfL and formal assessment strategies to track pupil progress and inform future planning
* A full understanding of safeguarding procedures and the responsibilities of a Y1 Teacher
*Secure subject knowledge of the Y1 curriculum
If you think that you could be suitable for the role of Y1 Teacher, then please apply directly to this advert for more information about the registration process; we look forward to hearing from you! The Education Network are acting as a recruitment agency for this Y1 Teacher vacancy.
If you have not heard form us within 3 working days, then your application for the role of Y1 Teacher has been unsuccessful.