KS1 Intervention Teacher - South Shields
We are currently seeking a skilled KS1 Intervention Teacher who will be available to work within one of our lovely partnership schools in South Shields from January to Easter 2019. This is a part-time role (2 afternoons a week) leading small group interventions with the Year 2 children in the run-up to their KS1 SATs. The successful candidate will therefore have excellent subject knowledge of the KS1 English and Maths curriculum, and be happy to commit to the role in order to provide continuity for the children.
We will accept applications from both experienced Teachers and confident NQTs who have a good track record of promoting pupil progress in KS1. Successful candidates will be expected to follow planning that is left for them, although there may be some additional planning required alongside assessment and reporting of pupil progress.
* QTS in the UK
* Recent and relevant experience in UK primary schools
* Ability teach and reflect upon engaging intervention sessions which produce quantifiable pupil progress across a range of abilities
* Excellent behaviour management skills and the ability to build strong professional rapports with children and staff
* Effective use of AfL and formal assessment strategies to track pupil progress and inform future planning
* A full understanding of safeguarding procedures and the responsibilities of a KS1 Intervention Teacher
*Solid subject knowledge across the Y2 curriculum
If you think that you could be suitable for the role of KS1 Intervention Teacher, then please apply directly to this advert for more information about the registration process; we look forward to hearing from you! The Education Network are acting as a recruitment agency for this KS1 Intervention Teacher vacancy.
If you have not heard form us within 3 working days, then your application for the role of KS1 Intervention Teacher has been unsuccessful.