SEN Teaching Assistant - Newcastle
We are currently seeking a resilient, confident and capable SEN Teaching Assistant to work within one of our lovely partnership primary schools in Gateshead. This is a lovely, well resourced school which prides itself on its supportive network of staff, making this an excellent opportunity to develop as a professional.
This is a part-time (details TBC) position supporting a child with SEN on a 1:1 basis within the whole class environment, and it will run from January until the summer holidays.
We will accept applications from both experienced SEN Teaching Assistants and recently qualified practitioners who are excited to learn and develop as professionals. Successful candidates will be expected to provide learning support across a range of abilities, and should aim to become a valued part of the school community for the duration of their stay.
Successful candidates MUST:
* Hold their Level 3 Primary Teaching Assistant qualification or higher
* Have recent and relevant experience supporting learning in UK schools, preferably supporting SEN pupils
* Possess good behaviour management skills and the ability to build strong professional rapports with children and staff
* Be able to effectively assist the teacher on a 1:1, small group or whole class basis, depending on what is required
* Have a full understanding of safeguarding procedures and the responsibilities of a SEN Teaching Assistant
If you think that you could be suitable for the role of SEN Teaching Assistant or would simply like to ask a few questions, then please apply directly to this advert to request a call-back; we look forward to hearing from you! The Education Network are acting as a recruitment agency for this vacancy.
If you have not heard form us within 3 working days, then your application for the role of SEN Teaching Assistant has been unsuccessful.