KS2 Teaching Assistant - Newcastle
We are currently seeking a resilient, confident and capable KS2 Teaching Assistant to work within one of our lovely partnership primary schools in Newcastle. This is a well-run school with a supportive network of staff and welcoming atmosphere, making this a fantastic opportunity.
This is a full-time position supporting learning in a Y5 class and it will last until the summer holidays. The successful candidate will be expected to work as a general classroom assistant though there will be a focus on behaviour management.
We will accept applications from both experienced KS2 Teaching Assistants and recently qualified practitioners who are excited to learn and develop as professionals. Successful candidates will be expected to provide learning support across a range of abilities, and should aim to become a valued part of the school community for the duration of their stay.
Successful candidates MUST:
* Hold their Level 3 Primary Teaching Assistant qualification or higher
* Have recent and relevant experience supporting learning in UK schools
* Possess good behaviour management skills and the ability to build strong professional rapports with children and staff
* Be able to effectively assist the teacher on a 1:1, small group or whole class basis, depending on what is required
* Have a full understanding of safeguarding procedures and the responsibilities of a KS2 Teaching Assistant
If you think that you could be suitable for the role of KS2 Teaching Assistant or would simply like to ask a few questions, then please apply directly to this advert to request a call-back; we look forward to hearing from you! The Education Network are acting as a recruitment agency for this vacancy.
If you have not heard form us within 3 working days, then your application for the role of KS2 Teaching Assistant has been unsuccessful.