Year 1 Teacher - South Shields
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, confident and capable KS1 Teacher who will be available to work within one of our lovely partnership schools in South Shields on a full-time basis from January - Easter 2019. This is a fairly small schools located a stone's throw away from the open countryside, and it prides itself on its strong cultural heritage and community feel.
We will accept applications from both experienced KS1 Teachers and confident NQTs who have a good track record of promoting pupil progress in Year 1 or Year 2. Successful candidates will be expected to undertake all planning, teaching and assessment of the Year 1 curriculum and should aim to become a valued part of the school community for the duration of their stay.
* QTS in the UK
* Recent and relevant experience in UK primary schools
* Ability to plan, teach and reflect upon engaging lessons which produce quantifiable pupil progress across a range of abilities
*Experience planning and leading phonics sessions
* Excellent behaviour management skills and the ability to build strong professional rapports with children and staff
* Effective use of AfL and formal assessment strategies to track pupil progress and inform future planning
* A full understanding of safeguarding procedures and the responsibilities of a KS1 Teacher
*Experience of the Year 1 Phonics Screening is a bonus!
If you think that you could be suitable for the role of KS1 Teacher, then please apply directly to this advert for more information about the registration process; we look forward to hearing from you! The Education Network are acting as a recruitment agency for this KS1 Teacher vacancy.
If you have not heard form us within 3 working days, then your application for the role of KS1 Teacher has been unsuccessful.